The new information on your file is part of the move towards Comprehensive Credit Reporting (CCR) or ‘positive reporting’. As part of the CCR regime licensed credit providers can provide additional personal information to Credit Reporting Bodies (CRBs) in Australia.
The new categories of information included in your credit file under Comprehensive Credit Reporting include repayment history information and consumer credit account information.
Repayment history information includes:
- Repayment history for credit accounts such as credit cards, home loans and personal loans
- Whether you have made a payment or minimum payment required
- Whether the repayment was made on time or not (any payments that are over 14 days late are deemed missed payment)
Consumer credit account information includes:
- The type of credit account opened
- The date the credit account was opened and/or closed
- The name of the credit provider and whether they are a licensee
- The current limit on the credit account