The new categories of information included in your credit file under Comprehensive Credit Reporting include repayment history information and consumer credit account information.
Repayment history information includes:
- Repayment history for credit accounts such as credit cards, home loans and personal loans
- Whether you have made a payment or minimum payment required
- Whether the repayment was made on time or not (any payments that are over 14 days late are deemed missed payment)
Your repayment history is stored on your credit file for two years. Only your repayment history from licenced credit providers who hold an Australian Credit Licence can be recorded. Telecommunication and utility companies are not licenced credit providers, so your repayment history will not include these providers and they will not be able to see repayment details either.
Consumer credit account information includes:
- The type of credit account opened
- The date the credit account was opened and/or closed
- The name of the credit provider and whether they are a licensee
- The current limit on the credit account